Gov. DeSantis: Media claims about Trump rift “just noise”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis gives a victory speech after defeating Democratic gubernatorial candidate Rep. Charlie Crist during his election night watch party at the Tampa Convention Center on November 8, 2022 in Tampa, Florida. DeSantis was the projected winner by a double-digit lead. (Photo by Octavio Jones/Getty Images)
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis gives a victory speech after defeating Democratic gubernatorial candidate Rep. Charlie Crist during his election night watch party at the Tampa Convention Center on November 8, 2022 in Tampa, Florida. (Photo by Octavio Jones/Getty Images)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 12:345 PM PT – Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is downplaying media claims of his rift with former President Donald J. Trump, by saying ‘it is all just noise.’

On Tuesday, DeSantis (R-Fla.) addressed recent criticisms by Trump by saying there is not much to it and what really matters is that he did a good job for the people of Florida.

The Florida governor stressed that he has been standing up for the people of Florida and that is why he won the reelection.

Last week, the former president said that DeSantis is an average governor and he claimed that DeSantis won his 2018 election because he got a Trump endorsement.

During his speech, DeSantis also mentioned that the Republican party did not perform very well in these past midterms.

“Well look I think some of this stuff is overdone in some of the media at the end of the day, we had an election nationwide,” DeSantis said. “There were some success stories across the country, yeah I think Georgia governor, Ohio, Texas, but there were a lot of disappointments. I mean, that’s just the reality. It was a hugely underwhelming, disappointing performance.”

Last year, millions of Republican voters permanently moved to Florida which resulted in a 58% surge in Miami rents. The influx of Republicans to the Sunshine State aided to DeSantis’ reelection.

Read It All

OAN Network
Author: Geri Berry

Walmart to pay $3.1B in opioid lawsuits

A sign for Walmart is displayed outside its store in Washington, DC, on November 2, 2022. - CVS Health said they had agreed to pay approximately $5 billion over 10 years to "resolve all opioid lawsuits and claims" against them by states and cities. Walgreens and Walmart have also agreed to settlements of at least $4 billion and $3 billion, according to a report by Bloomberg. (Photo by Brendan SMIALOWSKI / AFP) (Photo by BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images)
A sign for Walmart is displayed outside its store in Washington, DC, on November 2, 2022. – CVS Health said they had agreed to pay approximately $5 billion over 10 years to “resolve all opioid lawsuits and claims” against them by states and cities. Walgreens and Walmart have also agreed to settlements of at least $4 billion and $3 billion, according to a report by Bloomberg. (Photo by Brendan SMIALOWSKI / AFP) (Photo by BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 12:36 PM PT – Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Walmart agrees to pay over $3 billion in order to settle nationwide lawsuits over its role in the opioid epidemic.

On Tuesday, Attorney General Letitia James (D-N.Y.) announced the settlement after co-leading a coalition of more than a dozen Attorneys General to negotiate. A $3.1 billion total sum was announced.

James said that pharmacies, such as Walmart, have played an undeniable role in perpetuating opioids and that a price can’t be put on the lives lost and the communities that have been destroyed. She added that her state of New York will receive up to $116 million as part of the settlement.

On average, the opioid epidemic kills 80,000 Americans annually.

In a statement, Walmart promised that they would help find a solution to eradicating the opioid crisis.

“As one of the largest pharmacy chains in the nation, we remain committed to being a part of the solution, and this settlement framework will allow us to keep our focus on the health and well-being of our customers and patients, while making positive contributions to address the opioid crisis.”

This comes after Walgreens and CVS agreed to pay $5 billion each in order to settle lawsuits earlier this month.

Read It All

OAN Network
Author: Sophia Flores

NATO Chief Stoltenberg: Don’t underestimate Russia

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg arrives at Downing Street to meet British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak on November 9, 2022 in London, England. The NATO chief earlier met the British Defence Secretary Ben Wallace and observed a UK-run programme to train Ukrainian troops. (Photo by Dan Kitwood /Getty Images)
NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg arrives at Downing Street to meet British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak on November 9, 2022 in London, England. (Photo by Dan Kitwood /Getty Images)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 11:57 AM PT – Tuesday, November 15, 2022

NATO Chief Jens Stoltenberg refuted media reports that questioned Russia’s ability to fight in a bigger and a longer conflict.

“We should not make the mistake of underestimating Russia,” Stoltenberg said. “The Russian Armed Forces retain significant capabilities as well as a large number of troops.”

During talks with the Dutch Defense Minister on Monday, Stoltenberg claimed that NATO is fully supporting the Ukraine government in every possible way and yet Russia continues its military operation.

He added, that NATO may need more money and bipartisan support in the U.S. to continue supporting Kiev.

“That was also I think the message from the elections in the United States, the midterm elections that we have strong bipartisan support in United States for continue to provide support to Ukraine for as long as it takes, so the message is yes, we will support and we will also of course, constantly assess what types of weapons we are providing to Ukraine,” Stoltenberg said.

Russian defense officials say that they were able to minimize casualties by wiping out Ukraine’s infrastructure and NATO weapons with limited contact on the battlefield.

Read It All

OAN Network
Author: Geri Berry

Sen. Cruz: no excuse for McConnell to abandon Masters

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) speaks at a rally for Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker on November 10, 2022 in Canton, Georgia. The University of Georgia Heisman Trophy winner and former NFL running back is running against incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA) in a runoff to be held December 6.  (Photo by Megan Varner/Getty Images)
U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) speaks at a rally for Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker on November 10, 2022 in Canton, Georgia. (Photo by Megan Varner/Getty Images)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 11:18 AM PT – Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Senator Ted Cruz took aim at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell over the midterm election results for Republicans.

During Monday’s episode of his podcast, Cruz (R-Texas) reflected on the consequences that the country could face with Democrats maintaining their majority in the upper chamber.

Cruz also slammed McConnell (R-Ky.) for abandoning Arizona Senate candidate Blake Masters (R-Ariz.). According to The Associated Press, Masters lost narrowly to Senator Mark Kelly (D-Ariz.). Experts were closely watching to see if he could unseat the incumbent.

Cruz explained why McConnell didn’t invest more in Arizona.

“Because Masters said he would vote against Mitch McConnell, and so Mitch would rather be leader than have a Republican majority,” Cruz said. “If there’s a Republican who can win and who’s not gonna support Mitch, the truth of the matter is he’d rather have a Democrat win. So, he pulled all the money out of Arizona.”

Cruz explained that McConnell spent $9 million for Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Ark.) despite Republican Kelly Tshibaka (R-Alaska) also being in the race.

Despite push back from several Republicans, an internal vote for Senate leadership is set for Wednesday without knowing the results of the Georgia Senate runoff.

Read It All

OAN Network
Author: Geri Berry

Laxalt concedes to Democrat incumbent in Nevada Senate race

FILE - Nevada Republican Senate candidate Adam Laxalt speaks to supporters during an election night campaign event on Nov. 8, 2022, in Las Vegas. The Republican challenger to Democratic Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto in Nevada is conceding that he lost, saying that although the race was very close he won't contest the result. GOP candidate Adam Laxalt posted a tweet on Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2022, that a campaign adviser confirmed was authentic. (AP Photo/John Locher, File)
Nevada Republican Senate candidate Adam Laxalt speaks to supporters during an election night campaign event on Nov. 8, 2022, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/John Locher, File)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 10:46 AM PT – Tuesday, November 15, 2022

The Republican contender in the Nevada Senate race has conceded to incumbent Democrat Senator Catherine Cortez-Masto.

On Twitter Tuesday, Adam Laxalt issued a statement saying that he was proud of the campaign he ran. He also said that he is confident that any challenge under Nevada’s election laws would not impact the outcome of the race.

Election officials maintained that Nevada’s slow release of midterm results was normal and that it was due to the methodical processing of vote counts.

Laxalt pledged that he would forever remain committed to the state and country. The attorney announced that he will now return to private practice.

Read It All

OAN Network
Author: Sophia Flores

Trump to announce 2024 presidential bid today

upporters of former U.S. President Donald Trump await his arrival at a rally for Ohio Republicans at the Dayton International Airport on November 7, 2022 in Vandalia, Ohio. Trump is campaigning for Republican candidates, including U.S. Senate candidate JD Vance, who faces U.S. Rep. Tim Ryan (D-OH) in tomorrow's general election. (Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
Supporters of former U.S. President Donald Trump await his arrival at a rally for Ohio Republicans at the Dayton International Airport on November 7, 2022 in Vandalia, Ohio. (Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 10:10 AM PT – Tuesday, November 15, 2022

45th President Donald J. Trump is expected to announce his highly anticipated 2024 presidential campaign. Trump will make the announcement from his Mar-a-Lago home on Tuesday night.

This will be his third bid for the presidency.

In a post to Truth Social, Trump said that hopefully Tuesday will be one of the most important days in the history of the country.  

He also teased the announcement last week during a Save America rally, by saying that he’ll have to do it again “in order to make our country successful, safe and glorious.”

Read It All

OAN Network
Author: Geri Berry